Entering into God’s Presence
* Call to Worship: Isaiah 9:2, 6-7
* Invocation: Psalm 121:1-2
Minister: We lift up our eyes to the hills. From where does our help come?
ALL: Our help comes from the Lord, who made heaven and earth.
* God’s Greeting: Titus 1:2
Grace and peace from God the Father and Christ Jesus our Savior.
* Opening Prayer
* Song of Praise: “O Come, O Come, Emmanuel” #331:1-4
Confession of Sin
* Reading of the Law: Deuteronomy 5:6-21
* Congregational Confession of Sin (unison)
O Lord our God, we come to You as Your sons and servants, confessing that we were born in sin and have continued in sin. We have broken Your commandments. We have fallen short of Your glory. We have not loved You with all our heart, mind, soul and strength. We have not loved our neighbor as ourselves. We acknowledge our guilt. We rightly fall under Your curse and judgment. Blot out our transgressions, wash us from our iniquities. Forgive our sins and cleanse us from all unrighteousness. Have mercy upon us, O Lord, in Jesus’ name. Amen.
* Declaration of Pardon: Isaiah 40:9-11
Response of Gratitude
Song of Thanksgiving: “All Praise to You, Eternal Lord” (tune: Canonbury)
|1 All praise to You, Eternal Lord,
Clothed in a garb of flesh and blood;
Choosing a manger for Your throne,
While worlds on worlds are Yours alone.
4 You Who come in the darksome night
|To make us, in the realms divine,
Like Your own angels ’round You shine.
5 All this for us thy love hath done;
The Creed: Apostles’ Creed
Offerings (Guests: Please feel under no compulsion to give.) 2 Corinthians 9:8
Congregational Prayer (ending in the Lord’s Prayer)
Service of the Word
* Scripture Lessons: Psalm 18:2; Luke 1:67-71 (text)
* Song of Preparation: Now Blest Be Isr’el’s Lord and God (tune: Azmon)
|1 Now blest be Isr’el’s Lord and God,
Whose mercy, at our need,
Has visited his people’s grief,
And them from bondage freed.
2 He waters servant David’s root
|3 To save us from our evil foes,
And keep his covenant,
Which he to Abraham before,
And to our fathers swore.
4 That we, from fear and danger
Sermon: “A Horn of Salvation”
Leaving to Serve
* Song of Consecration: Angels, from the Realms of Glory #340:1-4
* Doxology (unannounced): Angels, from the Realms of Glory #340:5
* Benediction: 2 Corinthians 13:14
* Amen! Three-Fold Amen
Rev. Nollie Malabuyo is currently pastor of Big Springs Community Church (URCNA) in Montague, California. He is the founding pastor of Zion Cornerstone Reformed Churches in Pasig (Metro Mania) and Imus, Cavite.