Come, join us as we worship a holy and gracious God with reverence and joy!
|* Those who are able, please stand.|
* Call to Worship: Psalm 75:1-5, 9-10
* Invocation: Psalm 124:8
* Salutation: Romans 1:7
* Opening Prayer
* Song of Praise: To Thee, O God, We Render Thanks #143:1-5
CONFESSION OF SIN
Reading of the Law: James 2:8-11
Our Heavenly Father, we are gathered before you, the Maker of Heaven and Earth, whose chosen dwelling place is with the broken and contrite, to confess that we have sinned in thought and word and deed; we have not loved you with all our heart and soul, we have not loved you with all our mind and strength; we have not even loved our neighbor as ourselves. In your mercy, deepen our sorrow for the wrong we have done and for the good we have left undone, so that we may hate our sin with a holy hatred. But, please Father, do not leave us in sorrow. With you, O Lord, there is forgiveness. In your mercy, restore the joy of our salvation; so that we may love you with a holy love. Amen.
Assurance of Pardon: 1 John 1:8-9
RESPONSE OF GRATITUDE
Song of Thanksgiving: O Give the LORD Wholehearted Praise #222:1, 6
Offerings: Psalm 116:12-14
SERVICE OF THE WORD
* Scripture Lessons: Deuteronomy 10:12-16; Romans 2:17-3:8 (text)
* Gloria Patri
* Song of Preparation: The LORD I Will at All Times Bless #58:1-3
Sermon: LAW, CIRCUMCISION, and GOD’S FAITHFULNESS
1. Confidence in the Law
2. Confidence in Circumcision
3. Trust in God’s Faithfulness
SERVICE OF THE LORD’S SUPPER
Sursum Corda (Psalm 25:1)
Minister: Lift up your hearts!
Congregation: We lift them up to the LORD!
Congregational Prayer (ending in Lord’s Prayer)
LEAVING TO SERVE
* Song of Response: Not What My Hands Have Done #389:1-3
* Doxology: Praise God from Whom All Blessings Flow #493
* Benediction: Numbers 6:24-26
* Amen! Three-Fold Amen