Come, join us as we worship a holy and gracious God with reverence and joy!
|* Those who are able, please stand.||Download PDF liturgy|
ENTERING INTO WORSHIP
* Call to Worship: Psalm 15:1-5
* Invocation: Habakkuk 2:20
* Salutation: 1 Peter 1:1-2
* Opening Prayer
* Song of Praise: Who, O LORD, with Thee Abiding #20:1-3
CONFESSION OF SIN
Reading of the Law: 1 Peter 2:13-25
General Confession: (from Psalm 130)
Minister: Out of the depths I cry to you, O Lord!
People: O Lord, hear my voice! Let your ears be attentive to the voice of my pleas for mercy!
M: If you, O Lord, should mark iniquities, O Lord, who could stand?
P: But with you there is forgiveness, that you may be feared.
M: I wait for the Lord, my soul waits, and in his word I hope;
P: My soul waits for the Lord more than watchmen for the morning,
M: For with the Lord there is steadfast love, and with him is plentiful redemption.
ALL: And he will redeem his people from all his iniquities.
Assurance of Pardon: Psalm 25:1-3, 11-15
RESPONSE OF GRATITUDE
SERVICE OF THE WORD
* Scripture Lessons: Ecclesiastes 8:10-14 (text); Acts 10:34-43; Hebrews 10:26-31
* Gloria Patri
* Song of Preparation: How Blessed the Man Who Fears the LORD #223:1, 4-6
Sermon: FEAR GOD!
1. What It Means
2. What It Means to the Wicked
3. What It Means to the Righteous
LEAVING TO SERVE
Rev. Nollie Malabuyo is currently pastor of Big Springs Community Church (URCNA) in Montague, California. He is the founding pastor of Zion Cornerstone Reformed Churches in Pasig (Metro Mania) and Imus, Cavite.